Friday, July 9, 2010

We've created a monster...or a couple of divas.

Apparently, the quality of this vacation depends on the type, location and amenities of our hotel. I think the girls get more excited about the hotels than what we are actually doing. "Mom!! This one has a microwave!" Um, yes, but you just saw the GRAND CANYON! "Dad! The elevator has windows!" Um, yes, but that's Pikes Peak right out there - only 14,000 feet high! We have about decided that next year we are just going to take them to different hotels around town and let that be it. Not really. I feel sure that one day they will appreciate all the things they are seeing. It is just funny.

We made it to Colorado Springs last night and it's a pretty city. We have been in regular rooms with 2 beds up until now, but here we actually have a suite with a King. The girls were all ready on the sofabed until about 4:30 am, when I woke up and there was a little person in the bed with us. I just assumed it was Maggie because Maggie always wakes up in the night. Then about 5:00 am, here comes Maggie waking me up asking where Parker is. So in the bed with us she goes. At one point I woke up and Robert is hanging off one side with Parker right up against his back and I was hanging off the other side with Maggie right up against my back. Thank goodness for that King sized bed.

Making memories, right?

No comments: