Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Much Ado about Nothing

I can't remember the last time I have had so much fun doing nothing. We got to the cabin in Steamboat yesterday after 9 non-stop days of driving, touring, swimming, walking, riding, hiking, whatever. What a welcome sight.

After hitting the grocery store, I actually got to cook dinner for the first time in those 9+ days. Don't get me wrong, I like to eat out, but it does get pretty old after a while. We are staying in this amazing cabin that belongs to my nephew's in-laws. Now before you think "cabin", it's more of a mountain home with a full kitchen, more than one bathroom, plenty of space to spread out and a washer and dryer! It's the simple things, you know...

So, after doing 4 loads last night, having dinner around a table, we went to bed, realizing that it's more the exception to have central A/C than the rule. So, last night we slept with open windows and it was great. Then today, we stayed in pj's for a long time, went into Steamboat to have lunch, thought about going tubing, but ended up just hanging at the house all afternoon. The girls made friends with some kids a few houses down, who are ironically from Franklin, TN. Even more ironically, they used to be neighbors with another friend of mine who lives there. Such a small, small world.

Hopefully, we will be able to relax and enjoy the last half of our trip. This downtime is such a welcome relief and I think it will be just what we need to hit Jackson Hole and Yellowstone and whatever else we decide to do as we make our way back home.

I hear it's raining pretty bad back home. Looks like we picked a nice time to get away. Better run. I have to cook dinner and I'm happy about it. : )

No comments: